Skills for Admin and Reception staff
This training is designed to give you confidence in your role, so that when difficult conversations with your patients occur you will have the knowledge and skills to cope, and understand how to use them.
It will strengthen your professional persona, make work more enjoyable and less frustrating, and help you to look after your own wellbeing as well as that of your patients.
This course is designed to be flexible so that you can fit it into the different timeslots you have available. You can complete the course from anywhere that you have access to a computer.
The course is 3 hours in total, but is split into short videos
We recommend you watch the videos in order. You can go back and rewatch them at anytime.
Factors contributing to difficult conversations Introduction Considerations about the current context Your role in supporting patient experience
Skills Active listening Asking versus explain Dealing with aggression Complaints best practise Body language
Self care and team supporting Self care Whole team care
A Guidebook can be downloaded and printed.
- The PDF file can also be found in the course curriculum Theme 1 Introduction to the course.
- Use the guide book as you watch the videos.
- Inside the guidebook you will find the following...
- Notes & Discussion Pages for any thoughts or ideas you have as you go along
- Scripts all the scripts from the videos for you to use and adapt with your practice
- Tips all the tips from the slides for each skill for you to refer back to
- Planner sheets
- Personal development planner
- Self care planner
- Whole team care planner
- Tips Cheat Sheet
- A Quick reference sheet of tips and starter phrases for each of the skills
- Infographics for you to print out and display in your staff areas if you wish for quick reference