Courageous Conversations Download pdf (5,692.14 KB)
3 different aspects where having Courageous Conversations may be necessary
- Breaking significant/bad news
- Involving patients in treatment decisions
- End of Life Care
The below session covered :
- What is significant/bad news?
- Strategies that can be used to deliver significant/bad news
- Shared decision making - what this consists of and why it is necessary
- Challenges of partnership working - including mental capacity
- The impact of terminology on understanding
- A reminder of essential communication skills
- Difficult questions that are frequently asked and ways to address these.